- 10 accelerator startups selected from more than 150 applications
- Startups will get up to INR 40L Seed fund, and four streams of mentorship – Strategy, GoToMarket Plan, Technology, and domain/market access mentorship
- Since the launch of accelerators in 2016, there have been over 20 cohorts, 26 startups, and about 55% of them raising follow-on funding
- CIE-IIITH partners with Co-creation Consulting, Arka Media Works, and SucSeed Indovation Fund for the program
HYDERABAD, India — Centre for Innovation and Entrepreneurship (CIE) at IIIT Hyderabad announced the onboarding of 10 startups for the combined accelerator cohorts. Avishkar Deeptech accelerator (Cohort 15), Ojas Medtech accelerator (Cohort 8), and the first cohort of the new Mediatech accelerator. Since the launch of accelerators in 2016, there have been over 20 cohorts, 26 startups in the domains of AI, Ml, IoT, and digital health; about 55% of them raising follow-on funding.
The Accelerator Kickoff for all shortlisted startups took place on 2 June 2022 in the presence of CIE’s panel of mentors and experts from the industry. From an overwhelming application pool of 150 startups, the selection committees shortlisted 10 startups for the program. The shortlisted startups were from domains of electronic manufacturing, property tech, digital health, tele-readiology, AI, Computer Vision, and Music production.
The accelerator programs offer shortlisted startups up to INR 40L Seed Fund along with a detailed 6-month program that proffers 4 streams of mentorship – Business Strategy, GoToMarket Plan, Technical Review, and domain-specific mentorship. The program is facilitated jointly by CIE, IIIT Hyderabad, Co-creation Consulting, and SucSeed Indovation Fund among others. Resident mentors for the program guide accelerator startups toward defining a thorough customer segment and business strategy. The program also opens avenues for startups through IIITH’s research support and collated networks.
Prof. Ramesh Loganathan, COO of CIE-IIITH says, “In the 14 years since CIE was started, we have incubated over 400 startups; and are very happy to see our accelerator programs also now mature into an engine that is nurturing and amplifying 10-15 deep-tech startups every year. And also that they have in recent years raised large rounds of follow on funding and generated significant employment”
The startups shortlisted for this cohort are:
- Avishkar Cohort 15
- CloudWorx is a web-based IDE that lets users build applications and workflows for 3D content without writing any code.
- Projexel is focused on industrial automation and robotics, providing solutions to help their customers increase production, reduce downtime, and lower operating and maintenance costs.
- Drona Automations is focused on providing customized robots for a wide range of customers from individual private & public sectors.
- Nava Design & Innovations is working on a robotic system to solve the problem of manually tapping coconut trees.
- Ojas Cohort 8
- PlebC is developing a Teleoperated Robotic Ultrasound System(TORUS) that can perform a safe & secure ultrasound even from remote locations ensuring “Diagnosis from a Distance”.
- Astromeda has developed technology to access the health vitals and stress factors of individuals using e-fabric-based health monitoring systems.
- Mediatech Cohort 1
- Joly Ai is a SaaS and AI platform that automatically selects the best photos among many captured by the photographer.
- Contelligenz provides AI-based tools – Platform personalization tools and Content analytics tools for the digital media platforms.
- NeuralSync helps users generate personalized AI videos from the text as well as lip-sync existing videos into multiple languages.
- Choira is an online ecosystem to empowers customers with tools to jam, produce and explore music.
About CIE-IIIT Hyderabad:
IIIT Hyderabad is the first IIIT to be set up in the country, in 1998. IIIT Hyderabad is a research university that ranks in the country for research in various areas of computer science. IIIT-H has also had a strong emphasis on translating research into products and startups. To enable this, the Centre for Innovation & Entrepreneurship (CIE) was set up in 2008, which has since grown to be the largest academic incubator in the country. The Centre has very active programs across the spectrum of a startup journey. Entrepreneurship courses and workshops for students, Product Labs to seed new products from research, a pre-incubation program to help entrepreneurs create new startups, incubation to nurture early-stage startups, mentoring programs to improve strategy and business development of the startups, investor pitch days, and several talks/workshops from experts and successful entrepreneurs. CIE-IIITH was supported by DST (TBI) and MeitY (TIDE) in the initial years. Today, there are very active programs focused on emerging technology startups, research-based startups, medical technologies, and social technology startups. In the past 13 years, CIE has housed over 300+ startups that have raised about 200 Cr funding and created over 2000 jobs.
About IIIT Hyderabad
International Institute of Information Technology, Hyderabad, is a research university with deeptech capabilities and established centers of excellence focusing on natural language processing (speech and text), image processing, computer vision, machine learning, and applications of artificial intelligence to population-scale problems. IIIT’s CIE is one of India’s oldest incubators, has enabled 40+ startups, and has raised $25Mn+ external funds for partner startups.