Best Payment Gateways
What are Payment Gateways?
Payment gateways automate the payment transaction process between shoppers and merchants, securely transmitting transaction information to banks. E-commerce businesses depend on payment gateways to ensure that payment information is passed securely from the customer to the merchant and payment processor.
PayPal for business has everything you need to sell online and in person. Grow your business with our payment solutions, from online checkout to POS systems.
2. Stripe Connect
PayPal for business has everything you need to sell online and in person. Grow your business with our payment solutions, from online checkout to POS systems.
3. Paytm Business
More than 17 million Payment Partners use Paytm for Business – India’s most trusted payments platform.The easiest way to accept payments everywhere. At Paytm we try to enable all sellers and merchants to go cashless! We offer a variety of payment solutions for all businesses from a local teashop to large international organizations, everyone can use Paytm!
4. Apple Pay For Merchants
Apple Pay is easy and works with the Apple devices you use every day. You can make contactless, secure purchases in stores, in apps, and on the web. And you can send and receive money from friends and family right in Messages. Apple Pay is a safer way to pay, and even simpler than using your physical card.
NMI is a leading global payment enablement platform, processing more than $180 billion in payments annually. We enable payments for over 3,200 partners and over 260,000 merchants around the world and across the entire commerce ecosystem: online, in-app, mobile, in-store, unattended and whatever’s next.
6. Go Cardless
Welcome to the new era of payments. Collect one-off, automated, or recurring payments – directly from your customer’s bank account to yours. Putting an end to late payments, chasing customers, stress, and expensive fees. It’s just cash, flowing from one account to another. Join 75,000+ businesses of all sizes, worldwide, who trust us to power their payments.
Retailers use Bolt’s lightning-fast, one-click checkout to convert, retain, and delight more shoppers.
Razorpay is India’s first full-stack financial solutions company. We are on a mission to enhance the payment experience of over 300 million end consumers. And in doing so, we aim to enable Indian businesses – big and small – accept payments digitally with minimal effort and maximum ease.
Payoneer is the world’s go-to partner for digital commerce, everywhere. From borderless payments to boundless growth, Payoneer promises any business, in any market, the technology, connections and confidence to participate and flourish in the new global economy.
The Authorize.Net Payment Gateway helps more than 440,000 merchants to accept and manage credit card and electronic check transactions via websites, retail stores, mail order/telephone order (MOTO) call centers and mobile devices, providing a reliable platform, scalability, and numerous value-adding services.
Founded in 2000 by three UCSB graduates, PayJunction has grown from a bootstrapped startup to a recognized and respected leader in the payments industry. PayJunction processes more than $9 billion dollars annually for thousands of businesses with solutions that make it easy to accept credit and debit card payments in-store, online, and on-the-go.
REPAY is a full-service payment technology and processing provider that enables the expedient and secure collection of payments through any channel at any time. Our omni-channel payment platform provides direct integration with enterprise management systems and access to a suite of payment solutions, including credit/debit card processing, ACH processing, text pay, electronic bill payment and presentment (EBPP) systems, and consumer-facing payment portals, such as web portals and mobile apps.
At TSYS, we’re building the future of payments. Our suite of scalable issuer solutions provides the next generation platform for origination, processing and risk management. Whatever your industry, scale or ambition, we’ll help you configure the ideal solution for you.
EBizCharge is the leader in integrated payment solutions that helps businesses facilitate electronic payment processing, enhance transaction security, and increase client profits. Providing businesses with the tools they need to make transactions faster, safer, and less expensive while offering a premium payment processing experience.
Zaakpay, payment gateway by MobiKwik, is a payments platform incubated and designed in India. Integrate within a day and start accepting and disbursing payments via multiple payment modes like Credit Cards, Debit Cards, UPI, Net Banking, Wallets, Pay Later and more.
Spreadly is your new digital business card. Increase your click-through rate and strengthen the bond with your customers. Beautiful landing pages and easy management are just a few of Spreadly’s many advantages: GPDR compliant, filterable analytics, company ready (multiple pages within one account), multiple block types (text, maps, documents), simple “Add to my contacts” download & many more.
17. Square Payments
After enabling anyone to take payments and never miss a sale, we saw sellers stymied by disparate, outmoded products and tools that wouldn’t work together. We are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time.
PPRO is a fintech company that provides digital payments infrastructure to businesses and banks so that they can scale their checkout, acquiring, and risk services through one connection.
Payworks is the provider of a next generation Point of Sale payment gateway technology. Developers of Point of Sale solutions for merchants can quickly and cost-efficiently integrate card payment functionality into their applications, and securely process EMV, contactless and mobile wallet transactions at the Point of Sale. With headquarters in Germany and offices in the UK, the US and Poland, Payworks provides its technology to leading acquirers and payment providers globally.
Businesses come to PaySimple with a simple, but important need – a better way to accept payments. Developed for the unique needs of service-based businesses, PaySimple delivers flexible payment and billing solutions that are preferred by over 20,000 businesses each day.
At BlueSnap, we look at payments a little differently. Our Payment Orchestration Platform helps businesses accept payments globally and is designed to increase revenue and reduces costs. We provide a comprehensive back-end solutions that simplifies the complexity of payments, managing the full process from start to finish.
PayLane enables businesses like yours to accept payments directly through your customers’ payroll. Minimize risk, create predictable cash flows, and offer a seamless payment option by using PayLane today!
23. Zoho Checkout
Zoho offers beautifully smart software to help you grow your business. With over 80 million users worldwide, Zoho’s 55+ products aid your sales and marketing, support and collaboration, finance, and recruitment needs—letting you focus only on your business. Zoho respects user privacy and does not have an ad-revenue model in any part of its business, including its free products.
Payment processing that unlocks new growth opportunities and creates seamless payment experiences for your customers.
Global reach, local expertise: we combine the best of both worlds to reshape the future of payments and fintech to build a world of unlimited possibilities. We successfully bridge the global and local gap by supplying ultimate global payment coverage with extensive local expertise and support.
PayMot aim to run a company focused on providing every customer within the communities we serve with an exceptional selection of payment solutions. We are on a mission to provide a secure and seamless platform enabling users to send or receive funds through their mobile devices with the shortest possible turnaround time.
Dwolla’s robust platform, low-code API and partnership ecosystem simplify the complex process of integrating with the various payment networks to create a single end-to-end solution. Integrating Dwolla’s modern payment technology gives a business the ability to program payments in real time, on the same day or to a debit card 24/7.
Millions of people in over 200 countries use NETELLER to move money securely online. Join.
Adyen (AMS: ADYEN) is the financial technology platform of choice for leading companies. By providing end-to-end payments capabilities, data-driven insights, and financial products in a single global solution, Adyen helps businesses achieve their ambitions faster. With offices around the world, Adyen works with the likes of Facebook, Uber, H&M, eBay, and Microsoft.
Skrill provide digital payments solutions to consumers and businesses around the world. From betting and trading to shopping to gaming, our online and mobile payment solutions help customers make payments when and how they want to. Our business solutions let companies of all sizes trade in a global marketplace.
31. Moneris Gateway
As Canada’s leading payment provider, we’re boldly re-imagining unified commerce. Working with us means connecting your passion with a community to discover your purpose. Every day, we empower our team members to redefine what’s possible in making an impact, creating growth opportunities, and making connections with our customers and each other.
Sila is the leading money API for fintech. Using our developer friendly sandbox, bank agency, and embedded compliance, our fintech and crypto customers have gone from MSA signing to live in production with compliant payments in as little as a few weeks. We are offering immediate funds availability risk-free to our customers, even in the most pervasive fraud environments.
33. WorldPay from FIS
FIS is at the heart of the commerce and financial transactions that power the world’s economy. We are passionate about helping businesses and communities thrive by advancing the way the world pays, banks and invests, serving more than 20,000 clients and more than one million merchant locations in over 130 countries.
Shift4 (NYSE: FOUR) is boldly redefining commerce by simplifying complex payments ecosystems across the world. As the leader in commerce-enabling technology, Shift4 powers billions of transactions annually for hundreds of thousands of businesses in virtually every industry.
Cardinity is a secure and reliable online payment platform. We offer ecommerce merchants the possibility to accept credit and debit card payments from buyers anywhere in the world. With Cardinity online merchants are able to charge all the major credit and debit cards such as Visa, MasterCard, Maestro, Carta Si, Diners Club International, etc. in any currency.
36. CSG Forte
At CSG Forte, we help our customers grow their businesses quickly and scale payments smarter with a unified payments platform. Our platform seamlessly adapts to meet your evolving needs, while reducing complexity and cutting costs. With our experience, world-class technology and vast ecosystem of partners, we have the solutions and skills to grow alongside your business.
At Bambora we offer both wireless and stationary terminals, today most of our customers have a stationary terminal.
Cashfree Payments is a payments and banking technology company that enables businesses in India to collect payments online and make payouts. Cashfree Payments enables more than 3,00,000 businesses with payment collections, vendor payouts, wage payouts, instant loan disbursements, e-commerce refunds, insurance claims processing, expense reimbursements, loyalty, and rewards payments.
39. Coriunder BAAS
Coriunder is a payment oriented user management system – why build a backend system from scratch when you can have Merchant management, user management, ecommerce, processing and affiliate management out of the box. Coriunder will give you the foundation you need to build your startup – quicker, cheaper and secured.
At Hyperwallet, our goal is to provide organizations with a fast, efficient, and transparent way to distribute funds to their global contractors, suppliers, and resellers. Built atop sophisticated online and mobile payments technology, Hyperwallet’s advanced payment architecture unifies fragmented financial infrastructure in a singular environment. The end result is a global payout platform unlike anything you’ve ever seen.
Yapstone is a global payments company. Our full-stack payments platform enables and amplifies connections between companies and markets across the globe. Whether it’s powering multi-party transactions or accepting local payment methods in emerging markets, Yapstone cuts through payment complexities to enable global commerce.
GHL’s extensive contemporary end-to-end payment solutions empower businesses across ASEAN, with over 29 years’ worth of expertise to attest to our portfolio. GHL is the principal third party acquirer in ASEAN for major financial institutions and globally reputed governing bodies. GHL also boasts as Malaysian largest prepaid top up and bill collection network.
43. Alternative Payments
Alternative provides a fully-integrated B2B payments and checkout infrastructure, empowering customers to pay the way they wish.
The better way to get paid. FasterPay is a digital e-wallet platform which is FCA regulated and non-VC funded. Transparent, friendly and flexible, FasterPay provides businesses from all backgrounds the opportunity to expand their revenue to a global scale.
45. Ingenico ePayments
Ingenico is the global leader in payments acceptance solutions, with more than three decades of experience. Its footprint gives scale to projects and talents. Innovation is part of our DNA and our diverse community of experts keep anticipating the evolution of commerce worldwide.
We are Mollie, pioneers in payments and one of Europe’s fastest-growing payment service providers. Our mission is to help businesses grow and democratise the digital economy by simplifying financial services.
With nearly half a century of expertise in the payments industry, we are a leading provider of payments, credit and debit transaction solutions and services to the private and public sectors.
48. POS Machine
Mswipe is the leading digital payments and financial solutions company supporting the growing merchant community across India. Our product suite consists of various POS terminals, from portable palm-size devices to various Smart POS options, QR Code, and the latest launch Boombox that provides alerts via sound and display to merchants. Mswipe is known for launching multiple industry-first products.
Best Payment Gateways
What is Payment Gateway Software:
A payment gateway software is a technology that allows businesses to accept payments from customers via various payment methods, such as credit cards, debit cards, and digital wallets. The software typically acts as a middleman between the customer’s payment method and the business’s bank account, facilitating the transfer of funds securely and efficiently.
Payment gateway software is an essential tool for businesses that conduct transactions online, as it allows them to securely process payments and protect sensitive customer data. The software often includes features such as fraud detection, encryption, and tokenization, which help ensure that payments are processed securely and that customer data is kept confidential.
Payment gateway software may be provided by third-party providers, such as PayPal or Stripe, or built in-house by businesses with the necessary expertise and resources. In either case, businesses must integrate the payment gateway software into their online checkout process to accept payments from customers.
Why Use Payment Gateway Software?
There are several reasons why businesses use payment gateway software:
- Convenience: Payment gateway software enables businesses to accept payments from customers via various payment methods, such as credit cards, debit cards, and digital wallets. This provides customers with a convenient and secure way to make payments online, increasing the likelihood of completing a purchase.
- Security: Payment gateway software includes security features such as encryption, tokenization, and fraud detection, which help protect sensitive customer data and prevent fraudulent transactions. This gives customers peace of mind when making payments online and helps businesses avoid costly chargebacks and disputes.
- Efficiency: Payment gateway software automates the payment processing and reconciliation process, reducing the need for manual intervention and minimizing errors. This saves businesses time and resources, enabling them to focus on other aspects of their operations.
- Accessibility: Payment gateway software enables businesses to accept payments from customers anywhere in the world, regardless of their location or time zone. This can help businesses expand their customer base and reach new markets.
- Integration: Payment gateway software can be easily integrated into existing e-commerce platforms and accounting systems, making it easy for businesses to manage their payments and finances in one place.
Overall, payment gateway software is a critical tool for businesses that want to accept payments online securely, efficiently, and conveniently. It enables businesses to offer a seamless payment experience to customers, while also providing the necessary security and compliance measures to protect both customers and businesses.
Who Uses Payment Gateway Software?
Payment gateway software is used by a wide range of businesses that want to accept payments online. This includes:
- E-commerce businesses: Online retailers that sell products or services through their website or mobile app use payment gateway software to process payments from customers.
- Subscription-based businesses: Businesses that offer subscription-based services, such as software as a service (SaaS) providers, use payment gateway software to process recurring payments from customers.
- Non-profit organizations: Non-profit organizations that accept donations online use payment gateway software to process donations securely and efficiently.
- Event organizers: Businesses that organize events, such as concerts, conferences, or seminars, use payment gateway software to sell tickets and process payments from attendees.
- Government agencies: Government agencies that provide online services, such as paying fines or taxes, use payment gateway software to process payments securely and efficiently.
- Healthcare providers: Healthcare providers that offer telemedicine or online consultation services use payment gateway software to process payments from patients.
- Freelancers and small businesses: Freelancers and small businesses that sell goods or services online use payment gateway software to accept payments from customers.
Overall, any business or organization that wants to accept payments online can benefit from using payment gateway software.
Payment Gateway Software Features
Payment gateway software typically includes a range of features to enable secure and efficient payment processing. Here are some common features of payment gateway software:
- Payment processing: Payment gateway software enables businesses to accept payments from customers via various payment methods, such as credit cards, debit cards, and digital wallets.
- Fraud prevention: Payment gateway software includes fraud detection and prevention measures, such as risk scoring, address verification, and real-time transaction monitoring.
- Security: Payment gateway software uses encryption and tokenization to protect sensitive customer data and prevent unauthorized access to payment information.
- Payment reconciliation: Payment gateway software automatically reconciles payments with corresponding orders or invoices, reducing the need for manual intervention and minimizing errors.
- Customizable checkout: Payment gateway software allows businesses to customize the checkout process with their branding and design, providing a seamless and branded payment experience to customers.
- Multi-currency support: Payment gateway software enables businesses to accept payments in multiple currencies, enabling them to expand their customer base and reach new markets.
- Subscription management: Payment gateway software includes features to manage recurring payments and subscriptions, such as billing cycles, automatic renewals, and prorated refunds.
- Reporting and analytics: Payment gateway software provides businesses with detailed reports and analytics on payment processing, such as transaction volume, revenue, and chargeback rates.
- Compliance: Payment gateway software adheres to various compliance standards, such as PCI DSS and GDPR, to ensure that payment data is processed securely and in accordance with relevant regulations.
Overall, payment gateway software provides businesses with a range of features to enable secure, efficient, and customizable payment processing. The specific features may vary depending on the provider and the needs of the business.
Additional Payment Gateway Features
Here are some additional features that payment gateway software may offer:
- Mobile payments: Payment gateway software may support mobile payments, allowing customers to make purchases through mobile apps or mobile web browsers.
- One-click checkout: Payment gateway software may offer a one-click checkout option, which allows customers to save their payment information and complete purchases with a single click.
- ACH payments: Payment gateway software may support ACH payments, enabling businesses to accept payments directly from bank accounts.
- Payment links: Payment gateway software may allow businesses to send payment links to customers via email or text message, making it easy for customers to make payments without navigating to a website.
- Invoicing: Payment gateway software may offer invoicing capabilities, allowing businesses to create and send invoices to customers and accept payments through the invoice.
- Virtual terminals: Payment gateway software may include a virtual terminal, which allows businesses to manually enter payment information for transactions that take place over the phone or in person.
- PCI compliance assistance: Payment gateway software may offer tools and resources to help businesses achieve and maintain PCI compliance, such as vulnerability scanning and self-assessment questionnaires.
- 24/7 customer support: Payment gateway software may provide 24/7 customer support via phone, email, or chat to assist businesses with any payment processing issues or questions.
Overall, payment gateway software may offer a wide range of additional features to help businesses process payments securely, efficiently, and conveniently. The specific features may vary depending on the provider and the needs of the business.
Trends Related to Payment Gateway Software
Here are some current trends related to payment gateway software:
- Contactless payments: The COVID-19 pandemic has accelerated the adoption of contactless payments, as consumers and businesses look for safer and more hygienic payment options. Payment gateway software providers are offering more contactless payment options, such as mobile wallets and QR code payments, to meet this demand.
- Increased security: As payment fraud becomes more sophisticated, payment gateway software providers are investing in advanced security measures to protect against fraud and data breaches. This includes features such as tokenization, two-factor authentication, and machine learning-powered fraud detection.
- Integration with other software: Payment gateway software providers are increasingly integrating their software with other business tools, such as accounting software, inventory management systems, and customer relationship management (CRM) software. This allows businesses to streamline their operations and improve their payment processing workflows.
- Subscription-based models: Many businesses are adopting subscription-based models, where customers pay a recurring fee for access to products or services. Payment gateway software providers are offering features specifically designed for subscription-based businesses, such as automatic billing, dunning management, and trial periods.
- Mobile-first approach: With more and more consumers using mobile devices to make purchases, payment gateway software providers are adopting a mobile-first approach to their software design. This includes mobile-optimized checkout experiences, mobile wallets, and mobile payment apps.
- Open banking: Open banking regulations are allowing third-party payment providers to access bank account information and initiate payments on behalf of customers. Payment gateway software providers are integrating with open banking platforms to offer new payment options and improve the payment experience for customers.
Overall, payment gateway software providers are adapting to changing customer needs and preferences by offering new payment options, advanced security features, and more integrated payment processing workflows.
Potential Issues with Payment Gateway Software
While payment gateway software can provide many benefits to businesses, there are also potential issues that businesses should be aware of. Here are some common issues with payment gateway software:
Payment disputes and chargebacks: When customers dispute a charge or request a chargeback, the payment gateway software provider may hold the funds until the issue is resolved. This can result in delays in receiving payment and additional administrative work for businesses.
Transaction fees: Payment gateway software providers charge transaction fees for processing payments, which can add up for businesses with high transaction volumes. Some providers may also charge additional fees for certain features or services.
Technical issues: Payment gateway software may experience technical issues, such as system downtime or failed transactions, which can disrupt business operations and lead to lost sales.
Security risks: Payment gateway software may be vulnerable to security risks, such as data breaches or hacking attempts, which can result in the loss of sensitive customer information and damage to the business’s reputation.
Integration challenges: Integrating payment gateway software with other business tools, such as e-commerce platforms or accounting software, may require technical expertise and can be time-consuming.
Limited payment options: Payment gateway software may not support all payment methods or currencies, which can limit the business’s ability to reach a global customer base.
Compliance requirements: Payment gateway software providers must comply with various regulatory requirements, such as the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS), which can be complex and time-consuming to implement and maintain.
Overall, businesses should carefully consider the potential issues with payment gateway software and choose a provider that meets their specific needs and requirements. Businesses should also be prepared to deal with any issues that may arise and have a contingency plan in place to minimize the impact on their operations.
Software and Services Related to Payment Gateway Software
There are several software and services related to payment gateway software that businesses may use to enhance their payment processing capabilities. Here are some examples:
- E-commerce platforms: E-commerce platforms, such as Shopify, WooCommerce, and Magento, provide businesses with a platform to sell products and services online. These platforms often include built-in payment gateway integrations to streamline the payment processing workflow.
- Point-of-sale (POS) systems: POS systems, such as Square and Clover, allow businesses to accept payments in-person, both at a physical location and on-the-go. Many POS systems include payment gateway integrations and support multiple payment methods, such as credit cards, mobile wallets, and ACH payments.
- Accounting software: Accounting software, such as QuickBooks and Xero, allow businesses to manage their financial records and processes, including payment processing. Many accounting software options include payment gateway integrations to automate payment reconciliations and streamline the payment process.
- Fraud prevention software: Fraud prevention software, such as Sift and Signifyd, use machine learning algorithms and data analytics to detect and prevent fraud attempts. These tools can be integrated with payment gateway software to provide an additional layer of security.
- Subscription billing software: Subscription billing software, such as Chargify and Recurly, allow businesses to manage and automate recurring payments for subscription-based models. These tools often include payment gateway integrations and support multiple payment methods.
- Payment facilitator services: Payment facilitator services, such as Stripe and PayPal, provide businesses with a full-stack payment processing solution, including payment gateway software, payment processing, and merchant services. These services may be a good option for small businesses or those looking for an all-in-one payment solution.
Overall, businesses can benefit from using software and services related to payment gateway software to improve their payment processing workflows, increase security, and streamline their financial processes. The specific software and services chosen will depend on the needs and requirements of the business.